News
 International
 National
 Embassy News
 Arts & Living
 Business
 Travel & Hotel
 Medical Tourism New
 Taekwondo
 Media
 Letters to Editor
 Photo Gallery
 Cartoons/Comics/Humor
 News Media Link
 TV Schedule Link
 News English
 Life
 Hospitals & Clinics
 Flea Market
 Moving & Packaging
 Religious Service
 Korean Classes
 Korean Weather
 Housing
 Real Estate
 Home Stay
 Room Mate
 Job
 English Teaching
 Translation/Writing
 Job Offered/Wanted
 Business
 Hotel Lounge
 Foreign Exchanges
 Korean Stock
 Business Center
 PR & Ads
 Entertainment
 Arts & Performances
 Restaurants & Bars
 Tour & Travel
 Shopping Guide
 Community
 Foreign Missions
 Community Groups
 PenPal/Friendship
 Volunteers
 Foreign Workers
 Useful Services
 ST Banner Exchange
  National
N. Korea Says it Suspended Nuke Disablement
The North Korean dictator Kim Jung-Il

North Korea on Aug, 26 said it has halted disablement of its nuclear power plants as Washington failed to remove it from the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism.

Yonhap News quoted the communist nation's Foreign Ministry as having said measures to halt the process were taken as of Aug. 14.

The North said Washington's failure to delist is a clear violation of a six-party deal that promised political and economic incentives in return for Pyongyang disabling its nuclear facilities and declaring all of its nuclear programs.

"We decided to immediately halt the disablement work that had been underway according to the Oct. 3 agreement," the spokesman said in a statement carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency. "This measure took effect on Aug. 14 and we have already informed relevant countries," it said.




 

back

 

 

 

The Seoul Times Shinheungro 25-gil 2-6 Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea 04337 (ZC)
Office: 02-555-6188 Email:seoultimes@gmail.com
Copyrights 2000 The Seoul Times Company  ST Banner Exchange